We need to collect the personal information that we request from you to enable us to provide you with access to and use of the Instasnoop app. If you do not provide us with this information, you will not be able to access and use the Instasnoop app.
In providing our services to you we may disclose your personal information that we collect on this form to our staff, agents, contractors and third party suppliers engaged by us to deliver our services.
We rely on you to provide information to us that is current and accurate. On request, you can ask to see what personal information we hold about you and, where necessary, correct any errors in this information (some restrictions and costs may apply).
Your activity within the Instasnoop app will not be shown within the Instagram app, nor will it affect anything within your personal Instagram app. We are a third party application and therefore none of your activity within the Instasnoop application will be seen within your Instagram application.
None of your information is ever shared externally; this storage is just for proper operation of Instasnoop.
By downloading and operating Instasnoop, you the user, are agreeing to Instagram’s terms and conditions wherein you may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service. Instagram’s full terms can be found at https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511/
The importance of your privacy
Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
You do not have to provide any of your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide us with your personal information that we request we may not be able to provide our services to you.
What personal information do we collect?
- We collect the following personal information about you:
- API access token
- Name and Instagram username;
- Images, media, media comments and other content that may identify you;
- Contact details (eg mailing address, email address and/or phone number);
- Device information (eg the type and operating system of the device you use to access our app);
- Usage activity (eg what content you have viewed and which areas of our app you have visited);
How do we collect your personal information?
We endeavour to collect your personal information directly from you. However, when necessary and appropriate, we may also collect your personal information from third parties including:
- Through logging into your Instagram account through the Instasnoop app we access your name, username, identifier, other personal details, media and images, media comments, and network lists and/or
- From publicly available sources.
What do we use your personal information for?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us or as permitted or required by law or a Court or Tribunal order (Purposes). These Purposes may include to:
- Provide you with access to and enable you to use Instasnoop;
- Respond to your enquiries or provide you with assistance as requested;
- Comply with our legal and other obligations;
- Send you push notifications when you are using our app. If you do not want these notifications, you can manage your preferences through your device or app settings depending on your device type. You can also contact us;
- Improve Instasnoop and our marketing efforts;
- Conduct research and analysis; and/or
- Proving your personal information to third parties for their use (including for the purpose of managing the display of advertising on our Instasnoop app).
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. Such third parties to which we may disclose your personal information include:
- Our third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide, manage or administer a service offered on our behalf (such as our in-app advertising supplier);
- Your representatives, but only if you have provided consent for such disclosure;
- Government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies and any other parties where permitted or required by law or a Court or Tribunal order; and/or
- Third parties to whom we are legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information.
How do we protect your personal information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. For example, we implement the following security measures:
- Physical security procedures for access to our business premises; and
- IT security procedures including password protection and virus protection.
Despite the measures we put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to protect your personal information. You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
How can you access your personal information?
You may access your personal information that we hold subject to a small number of legal restrictions or exemptions. Where such restrictions or exemptions exist, we will advise you of those reasons if we deny your request for access.
If you wish to access your personal information that we hold you should contact us at the details below (see the “Our contact information” section below) and provide us with proof (satisfactory to us) of your identity. While we do not charge you for a request for accessing your personal information, please be aware that we may charge a reasonable fee for our time and costs in complying with your request in the following circumstances:
- If an extended amount of time is required to collate and prepare the material for you; and/or
- If you wish to have your personal information photocopied by us.
How can you correct your personal information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure personal information we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information.
Please contact us at the details below (see the “Our contact information” section below) as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
How can you make a complaint?
If you wish to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information or if you believe we have breached the APPs please contact us at the details below (see the “Our contact information” section below). You will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint together with any supporting evidence.
We will investigate your complaint and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of our investigation.
If you are not satisfied with our determination, at any time you can complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner (see www.oaic.gov.au for contact details).
Our contact information
Please email us at email@example.com
Last updated – August 2015